5.9.14

WOMAD: Thur - Sun 24- 27 July 2014


We all have local festivals.There are so many around now, it's hard to know how to choose which ones to go to.

Glastonbury's local to us, but buying tickets can be a trial; that's a euphemism for 
BLOODY IMPOSSIBLE!!!

/

WOMAD's so local you  can use the most ....

simple transport.

Even at it's busiest, it's comfortably crowded.

Stall holders try to entertain with their displays no matter whether it's day time,

or night time.

Some campers really camp it up to the 
MAX

: )

The
DESCIPLES OF DOOM
trying to convince us that the planet is devouring it's
LAST SUPPER.

I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE ....
Despite all the do-gooderey, all we want to do is sit in the crowd and have a good time.

Funny how children gravitate towards toys.

Funny how parents dress up baby buggies for festivals. 
It's the latest sign of summer.

Grandpa and grandson bonding in the dappled shade.
Beautiful.

Steam fair.

It always surprises me just how many big gaffs are lurking in the British countryside.
Why didn't we riot??

You're at a festival so don't feel stilted,

Bee Happy!

Carnival of the childrens' art work.

Hang on, that's not a child!

What's to like?
It's local, for me at least, less than half an hour. 
It's for charity 
It's arty/inspiring.
The shopping's arty/hippy/classy.
Great for children and adults.
Fab food and drink and plenty of outlets.
Alcohol, in bottles, allowed on site!

What's to not like?
The music, if you're looking for the A list, you're out of luck.
If you want a festival that's big on acreage, tough. You'll never get lost here, it's compact.

Best in show?
The foods of the world tent, musicians talking and cooking. What a great idea.

Go again?
Of course, it's a local, relaxing way to spend a gastronomic weekend, with the added bonus of background music.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.