25.12.16

Elvas, Portugal - 17.12.16

After a night in the strangely named 
BADAJOZ, Spain, we nip a few miles over the border to its' nemesis,
ELVAS 
a world heritage site
 REALLY??

 So? Who did they pay?

 Yes it's good.

 In fact; when the sun shines, 

 Very  
GOOD.
You can't beat a zig-zag street.

 That this is perfectly gorgeous is in no doubt, but 
WORLD HERITAGE????

 Nice wall markings, though,

 and pretty streets.

 Even Jesus, with Ma and Pa didn't persuade me.

 Let alone a wise man on his moby!

 But perhaps it's this perfect door,

 or pile of rubble

 atop the town

 that caught the eye of the 'wallet bloated, slip me a fiver, brigade'.

 It is lovely, of course,

but,
WORLD HERITAGE
???

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.