3.7.14

Fashionista Night - 27-28.6.14

On Friday night 3 of us headed to London.

We had been invited to the Westbury Hotel, just along from Vivien Westwoods' shop, for a catwalk show.
LINK to organisers gorgeous website

It's a pretty swanky venue where only those on the list got in.

It's lucky we had made an effort!

As you can see, I scrubbed up well for an ageing gardener 
: )

MeWally and Gerry looked very suave in their Sunday Best.

Unaccustomed as we were to being smart in a smart place, we took far too many pictures of each other - 
this one's by Fanta. 

Pro photographers practised their angles and light reading choices before the main event.

The lovely Fanta  spent the evening with us.

Scarlet, our genial, genius, hostess and event organiser, came over to say hello,
and to make Gerrys evening.
She's a bit of a minx that girl!

The models did their thing.

Not quite my style.

but exciting to watch.

I could see me in that red top though....
luckily for the rest of humanity, when Fanta and I went to look through the sale items, it seemed to have sold .

After the show we sat around chatting, 

and ordering very expensive drinks, before heading to Brighton for the night.

Next morning it was brekky al fresco at Kerri's place.

Followed by a stroll though The Lanes and the town centre, where you see the strangest things.
(Centenary of the outbreak of WW1 today)

And so to the beach.

Where ther's something to catch even the most jaded,

morning after the night before eye.

Like a chippery.

and that ubiquitous British beach duo, the deck chair and peir.

Nice to see this chap has dressed for the seaside in his matelot gear with matching pet dog.

Brighton's the only place I know that plants up its' beach.

The burnt out pier is a jarring backdrop to a seascape.
No sand at this end of Brighton, tho it is pretty.

On the way back to Kerri's we pass through the park and see the seagulls rinse off in the fountain.

And so to supper, laid out on my new table cloth. 
Retro is the new 
NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.