3.1.14

Maiden Castle - 2.1.14

We're heading home from Weymouth today and we decided that a walk up and onto MAIDEN CASTLE would be interesting.
Driven past many, many times; never set foot on it before.

It's a hill fort near Dorchester in Dorset, thousands of years old, with deep ditches and steep ramparts.

On top, an enclosing ridge containing a field - once the village.

Zig Zag ramparts lead up to the village, making it a tough place to raid without being spotted by the locals.

Interesting place - sadly for us -

RAIN STOPPED PLAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.