7.7.13

NIBBLEY FESTIVAL

We camped in two groups
THE BIRTHDAY CAMP
and

OUR CAMP

After a bit of wandering about checking out the food and folks in the other camp, we all turned in for the night. 

THE NEXT DAY .....

FESTIVAL!!!!

BROLLY DOLLYS 
came out in force,

it was sooooo 
HOT.

The theme for this year; 
THE SEASIDE
Lizzy made herself a beach bracelet in the kids craft tent.

Me, Lizzy and ...

Mandy HOOLA'D (?)
Mandy and I were surprised we could still do it. 
I was relieved not to have put out my hips. 

Today was LIZZYS' BIRTHDAY. So she spent much of the day being decorated:-
  1. Painted hand - a blue fish
  2. Tattoo on her arm - birds and a scroll effect
  3. Painted face - another big blue fish with red lips touching her lips
  4. Another tattoo - flame effect on her calf
Andy, King of the other camp was also enjoying his 
BIRTHDAY
At huge expense, we gave him this delightful and, though I say so myself, sophisticated, seaside themed birthday pressy. 
He looks well handsome.
My mate pirate wasn't an irate pirate he was a have a jape pirate.

All the while, the bands played on, as did all the kids.
I don't know these little-uns. If they're yours and you want the images removed - let me know and it will be done. If you want copies, my usual copyright rules apply
.
After our high spot with the hoola hoops, this fab girl came over, scooped up lots of hoops and swirled them with consummate ease, as her reli took photos.
A PERFECT IMAGE OF SUMMER 

One of the high-lights of the day were these sparkling little starfish. They looked like an ad for childrens' swimwear. Who ever designed and made their deceptively simple outfits is an absolute genius.

All sorts of stuff was free to play with, the inflatable surf machine, the running jump velcro suit thing, this pots and pans drum kit and rocket making and launching; to name only a few.
I WISH I WAS A KID.

Still never mind, as a consolation to not being children anymore, we washed down all that beer and pimms by taking tea and cakes at tea time.
Devonshire cream tea for MeWally (served incorrectly).

And, for me,a fruity slice - fruit held together by butter. I am, as you can tell by my contented little face, in 
CAKE HEAVEN

The others went for fruitcake, choccy cake and something with cream in it for Mandy.

The day got HOTTER and HOTTERRRRRR

The kids in our group went off to the craft tent to create a skirt each. 
I WANT TO BE A KID
AGAIN

AS THE SUN DIPPED DOWN
THE BANDS PLAYED ON

What a glorious evening.
Where else would you want to be? 
With The River Severn snaking its way below us, 
the Cotswold Escarpment rising up above us,
and music all around us,
we basked in the last rays of the day.

Some adults were still on the move, I guess they were the none drinkers, or maybe they were on their way to the loos.

But for the kids, the playing went on; especially here, on the beach.

Mostly, though, we didn't move too much.

Eventually the last band played their last number, signalling that it was time to haul our sorry asses back to the camp for slumber time. 

Look at MeWallys SAD END OF THE PARTY FACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.