30.6.13

Morris Men - 10.6.13

Quaint aint the word when it comes to Nailsworth.

Less than a couple of weeks ago these guys turned up at dusk, danced about the town and drank beer.

Then they went home.

So here, for your delight and delectation, I bring you the Best of British.

Stroud Morris Men.

They come with dancers, a band and ..

Sticks.

Oh, yeh, and did I mention the horse?

'Obb-ee-yos'

They say he comes in peace, but I've seen his big stick.

Judging by the smile on this mans face, he's seen it too.

They dance with a pigs' bladder,

and they dance with hankies.

They dance embarrassingly, like dads do.

And then, sticks ahoy,

fists ahoy;
it's over.

The sticks are gathered in

hats and instruments are discarded and

everyone mingles to discuss who's getting in the next round (beer).

Obby legs it.

This guy smartens himself ready for any ladies who might be lurking at the bar (there was only me, and I'm no lady).

The best hat buys the beers -

or perhaps best bells buys beers?

Decisions made, he who lost must buy the round. 

and then drink deep.

Either way it's a very pleasant way to end a day.

Hats off to them for making us turn out and drink beer.

: )

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.