27.6.12

So, This Is Racing?? - Friday 8.6.12


Rain stopped play (racing, that is).
As did a lot of low mist!
We wandered to the sea front for a few hours.
The tide was at the top of springs (a high one)

At high tide, here in Peel, the sewage, all lumpy, bumpy and as raw as the moment it left its' host, is released into the outer harbour.
The gulls go wild, lifting off from their favourite swimming patch of warm sea located immediately over the end of the permanently warm outfall. Once airborne, they swoop and dive on the tasty morsels bringing the best titbits onto the sea wall for closer inspection, followed by dissection. I looked at the offerings dotted along the top of the wall and made a mental note to self:
DON'T EVER TOUCH THE TOP OF THAT WALL AGAIN
AND
DON'T GO FOR A SWIM IN THE TOWNS TIDAL SWIMMING POOL.

MeWally looks away from the poo studded harbour wall.
A wise move.

Weird cloud over Peel Hill

Dead BRATZ on cliff above the tidal swimming pool,
Did she jump or was she pushed?
Oh, the things I could say!

Thrift bedecking the cliff walk footpath.

Adult gulls with young.


To finish off our lovely day, and because it was a Friday, we had a 'fish supper'.


As you can see us last folks standing loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.