7.10.11

Polperro Sunday 2.10.11

Graham headed home yesterday and Gerry was leaving today. Bob went off to ring bells - AGAIN, with Jaquie for company.


MeWally and I wandered along the cliff top toward FOWEY


What a blistering day. 
IT"S OCTOBER!!!!


We chilled here for quite a while.


Who wouldn't?


A lovely, carless fishing village,


with all the boats in harbour for the Sabbath. That's why there's no fish on Mondays.


So many boats were in for the Sun-day of rest that some had to moor in the outer harbour.


Jaquie Bob, MeWally and I headed to the swimming pool, Jaquie basked in the sun, high up on the cliff path.



I stripped to my under-crackers and got into the chilly water, very slowly. The two lovely young sisters from SALTASH jumped in - pretty much. 
The older you get, the colder the water gets. Strange, but true.
It's a natural INFINITY POOL. It also reminded me of the pool in MIAMI that  I could spend my life floating about in - given the chance.



Once I got out of the water, I grabbed this shot of the pool. It's a great spot with MeWally, Bob and Jaquie getting bored waiting for me to get a shift on.


I drift about in my soggy clothes (no I didn't take a towel with me), taking photos,


and enjoying the scenes around me,


The others wait patiently,


apart from Bob who seems to have have fallen into a stupor - LOL.


Fishing to end the day with me drawing the harbour .... as ever. 


Polperro Harbour
No fish for supper ..... as ever!


As the lights came on, we headed home to cook a meal from the food we had in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.