3.8.11

Weymouth to East Fleet - Sunday 31.7.11


Graham, MeWally and I set off to paddle back to East Fleet Farm on the rising tide.


We jumped on the water at FERRY BRIDGE, WEYMOUTH and dawdled up stream.


Things were a bit slow, in fact we were still on out-flow even though it was hours after high tide, Portland.


Sandbanks were still lurking about, we picked our way around them.


Signs are common on this gentle water, as this stretch of water is protected by the wall that is CHESSIL BEACH, which means that they don't get blown over very easily.


Oyster beds.


Not too sure why Graham decided to leave his sea boat at home, but HEY!


Decrepitude rules!


We stopped at this newly clad beach house, took their patio chairs from their pile, put them on their astro turf, 


sat on them.... and ate our lunch. The owner turned up and was a complete delight. 


The army base loomed large,



and the anemones waited for the tide to speed up and bring food.


We got off the rather low water having had a nice enough paddle - or, if you are Graham - NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.