4.8.11

Kayaking the Fleet




So here we are, paddling up the Fleet on the extreme SPRING HIGH TIDE.
We can turn to come back on slack by watching the ZOSTERA change to upright before



falling in the other direction when the tide changes and shoves it over.



The old lifeboat station is a joy. CLICK HERE to see what the WARDEN had to say to us just before we hauled out here for a coffee.

Sand blasted can with pebbles jammed inside.
Beach combing in the backside of CHESIL BEACH is a blast - if you see what I mean!


Boats on the foreshore and a combine harvester on the meadow = HIGH SUMMER.


MeWally looking; just looking.


That lifeboat station - again. 


Local fishing crew putting out an arc of buoys supporting a net. 


The net was deployed with speed and skill from a rowing (row) boat. I was and still a, blown away by the comfortable ease displayed by these guys as they worked. I would love to give it a go; with their help.

Like all the simple things in life, it's not,
 CLICK HERE to take a look at last year's paddle here in our OC.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.