9.7.11

Nibley Festival Weekend Fri - Sun 1 - 3.7.11


TOO QUIET!!!!

NEED NOISE!!!!!!

FESTIVAL!!!!!!!!!!!


We plonked ourselves in a field with a bunch of like minded DUB DUBS and chilled with Paul and Jake for the evening.




Jake practised for his future - when he legs it with the circus. I can see difficulties with trying to get a tiger to lie perfectly still as he throws knives at it. Perhaps the trapeze might be a safer option little-un. 


Chilling with those two also involved a walk up to NIBLEY MONUMENT, and then, up all those tiny, winding, stone steps inside it; to take in the fab views of the festival site and the silver streak of the RIVER SEVERN as it slid under the rosy setting sun.


By the time we wandered  through the woods, back to our Dub Dubs, the sun was low and splashing orange puddles of light across our blackened path. We turned in, after the obligatory beers.

The next morning, bright and early, I went off on Pauls' bike - click HERE to see what I got up too!


By the time I got back the festival below NIBLEY MONUMENT was in full swing.


Here, everyone was sitting, chilled, picnicking, chatting,bathed in music as a band played.
     

Jake stuck sticks in several balloons and explained the science behind his miracle trick.


He made 3 juggling balls in the kids tent.


Other kids had made a frieze as well as all sorts of lovely things. 


The kids settled down as the sun sank. Lizzie with her painted face, Wills, Alby and Jake exhausted after all the excitement of the HUGE BALLS at a mere 4 quid a pop!


I mooched about, noting that everyone had made areal effort. STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM with a bicycle rack full of flowers and a great range of food, made for a great feast.


People wore flowers in their hair and for some, summer dresses were the order of the day.


The bands were varied and entertaining,


especially the BEAT who topped it off with a stellar performance.

What a way to end 2 weeks off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.