9.4.11

Wemberley, WEMBERLEY - Wednesday 6.4.11


For those of you who've come over from MUDDY BOOTS here's the truth of it ; we went to WEMBLEY STADIUM for the HEATING AND PLUMBING SHOW. Seemed like a good idea as we have no hot water and no heating at home. We needed ideas, so where better to begin? Pete Plumber and his buddy hooked up with us for a few hours of feverish, school kid style, leaflet gathering - us that is, not the pros.


Handsome building , Wembley Stadium. Better than the old one. It was at the School Boy Finals, at the old stadium, that I got hooked on the roar of the enormous crowd. It was the first time I'd experienced the MEXICAN WAVE in the flesh, WOW!!!!!!!


The sign was being put into place by a bunch of climbers. NICE WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT.


MeWally took in the view of the city as I took in the view of him.


We had a tour of the stadium thrown in for free, that's a good deal, usually costs 15 quid! This is the ENGLAND TEAM' CHANGING ROOM. I wondered whose bottom had sat on the bit of bench I had parked on.


Adjacent to the changing room was this well appointed wash area. Quite manly, I thought ... at first.


HAIR DRIERS - and they're nailed down - that's a surprise.


HAND CREAM - oh please!


Here's where the teams assemble


before walking through the doors


and out into the light, THE TUNNEL,


and onto THE HALLOWED TURF.


Nice to see the goal posts being manoeuvred into place.


We walked up the steps to the presentation area - no one presented me with a cup : (


BOBBY MOOR keeps watch over the tourists.

And What of the Heating and Plumbing Show? Useful, very useful. We may get our house sorted after all .... but not just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.