19.12.10

Walk On The Wild Side - Sunday 19.12.10



What a chilly, white, day.


It has been YEARS since I've seen card over a vehicle radiator - sooo cold.


We hoped to time the end of our walk to coincide with the market.


The sign was entirely home made in appliqué. A local heirloom, I guess.


When we got to NEWMARKET, locals were slaving away at the ice.


chipping it away with garden tools. All so that it wouldn't be slippery when the market starts after dark tonight.


We headed onto the the footpaths. passing the last vestiges of humanity.


Will this machine ever run again? WHO KNOWS!

The lakes were divine, click here to see today's wildlife.


Beware the woods, there be DRAGONS!


The world in a welly


and what a world it is today.

Longhorn Cattle
We loved these cattle looking very chilled, despite the weather.


Frozen streams,


tinkled past us as we headed


for higher ground


and into a burgeoning sunset.


We crossed quite a few snow fields 


before heading back into the valley bottom again

Newmarket, Nailsworth, Glos, UK

and back towards Nailsworth


with its' tumbling houses.


With the moon up,


and the light still OK,


we passed the mill near our house and went home.

The Newmarket  Market was being set up as we passed it on the way home. We were too early. And, sadly, we didn't venture back out once we had settled down in front of the woodburner with a pot of tea .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.