19.11.10

Gorillaz Wednesday 17.11.10


We headed to Birmingham NIA. 


only to find it pretty much empty.
We decided to make our way down there and then wandered towards the stage taking in all the 'activity' on the way.


In the middle of the auditorium we found this mass of technical stuff that was needing to be wired up.


No pressure then,


 his hard hat was at the ready, unlike the staff. We wandered on.


It's a special night and people had made a special effort to dress up for the occasion - 


some looked especially fab.


I didn't get a shot of the lady in bright red tights and 'bovver boots', she was THE BUSINESS : )


Beside the stage we were confronted with even more wizardry (?)
How does anyone hook all this stuff together, let alone make it work?


TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!


Then the acts kicked off.


Second act on the stage, De La Soul, had major probs with a lack of volume; someone failed to hook up the wires properly. 


I CAN'T SAY I'M SURPRISED!


Gorillaz  came on along, with a load of others and, no surprises, cartoons and videos and the support acts and an ASIAN NATIONAL ORCHESTRA (To read a local press report, Click Here). 


It was a brilliant, musical. eclectic mix 


Damon Albarn is a clever fella - 


DAMON ALBARN CAN DO NO WRONG


IMO : )


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.