5.9.10

Waterfall Friday 27.8.10



It's Denise and Phil's last day.

We all go for a GENTLE STROLL to a waterfall.


It's a woodland walk that tops out with this excellent view of Lake Annecy.


We're all knackered after our struggle up the easy walk.


Thank goodness for benches.


One by one we begin to walk on to the cascade,


This isn't it, it's a baby compared to the proper one.


This is the real one at 60m.

THAT'S  A BIG DROP!


We were mesmerized by it.


It shone out in the gloom.


We wandered back,


passing other small cascades,


Sun spots,


and drizzle.


We all rested as we took a final look at the lake, far below, and then headed back for a picnic lunch.

The picnic site is a treat. Gerry takes in the venue (just below the bridge).


Denise takes a last look at the picnic site before she and Phil head home.


We had enjoyed the last of their holiday with them,


before saying our goodbyes and heading back to base.


It's a sad evening : (


 Click here to return to muddy boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.