5.9.10

Rafting Thursday 26.8.10



Paul and Amanda Sort out the money for RAFTING.


We dress up in the companies' wet suits. They're thick, with a full, long sleeved, shorty jacket on top.



Boiling in our suits, we partially strip and head for some shade.





Into the boat for a practice run through.


SOUNDS EASY, WE SIT,




THE GUIDE DOES ALL THE WORK!


We boil, the guide talks on and on and on and on.....



At last we're on our way,



Get me on the water before I melt.


We were filmed by a pro, or two, from the bank. So if you can see the entire boat, that's a pro shot (they're fab). We bought one CD and copied it, so we all have a copy. 

EASY and a BARGAIN.


ENJOY THE RIDE!!!


They made us all swim before the grade 4 section.



Paul seems to want to get out.



And off we went.



bouncing



down



the 



bubbley


river with me wandering around in the boat, taking pictures.





We did as we were told, here PADDLES UP (that takes me back),



here left side paddle forward.



EASY!



Peasy,



Lemon Squeezy.



Then I got kidnapped by a boat  full of French people. Now that's what I call 
TOTAL IMMERSION!
They weren't pleased when they found  I couldn't help them to increase their 
GENE POOL
  I was no use to them as I'm beyond breeding age, so they made me paddle instead. I was flattered though, in a post menopausal way. I managed to jump ships after a mile, or two. I came away with life and 'soul' intact, but, sadly, with no paddle. I had lost the ability to steer my way through.



I was now an outsider in my own group and was made to spend most of the rest of the trip taking piccys



and enjoying the lift.


Eventually, everything calmed down;



people began to smile again.




We headed for home, 





past mountains





and valleys;


a group of friends on holiday.




Click here to return to muddy boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.