5.9.10

Seythenex, Sambuy Saturday 28.8.10





MeWally


The view from the chalet is beautiful this morning;


MeWally


pity I wasn't up to see it!

Gerry cuts a dash as he steps off the chair lift at the top of SAMBUY.


Last winter, he got stuck here when he came up to have a coffee and soak up the view, only to find the cafe closed!

Problem? You wonder? 

Oh yes. Foot passengers weren't allowed down for 4 hours.

4 HOURS!!!

HE COULD HAVE DIED UP THERE.

Why didn't they tell us?

They may have, but our French probably let us down?????


Today the cafe/bunkhouse is open and it's a delight.


Rather than repeat last summer's cycle ride down, or last winters repeated board rides down, Gerry, MeWally and me opt to walk down. The others take the chair on account of thinking we is stoopid.


The cycle track/easy piste does for a start, 


as it suits my rugged, mountaineering footwear, which matches my rugged linen cut-offs.


Soon we decide to head off road, picking WILD fruit and snapping fungi etc.

 A pancake each, in the cafe at the bottom is our reward. Then back home for ....


Pauls' amazing pancake dessert. 

YOU GOTTA ADMIT THEY LOOK SRUMMYLISCIOUS!



Click here to return to muddy boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.