5.9.10

Gorge walk Sunday 29.8.10




Paul and MeWally got up early, donned wetsuits, helmets, old shoes and sit harnesses in readiness to do a GORGE WALK.


With Gerry and I in tow, they set off, dropping into the gorge by rope.


It looked really good,


as they roped their way down drops, and slithered around bends.


And, at home in our little cottage, after much thought,


I've decided to do it next time we're there .... in the summer.


I'll wear my padded shorts (snow boarding stuff) to protect my poor, busted tail bone.


It's a genius idea which makes me smile as I watch the two of them GO 'ROUND THE BEND .....as it were : )


Gerry and I get on with the pressing job of finding interesting fungi. It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it.


Later, seperated from Paul and Amanda, the three of us find ourselves in the
 BAR FIGHT BAR, in 
the village nearest to the chalet.

NOTHING HAPPENED.

We were gutted. It was quiet and pleasant. Nothing like we'd expected.

NOBODY GOT HURT.


A nippy tour of the village offered these little gems.


It may be rustic, but it's all so perfect,


that I took one more shot before we were drawn to the top of the hill - above the chalet to check out the sights up there.


This little chapel had caught Gerrys' eye the other day. It's new - no, not Gerrys' eye; the chapel!


The farm at the end of the road,


is a delight, with it's home made altitude plaque on the wall,


it's very desirable door furniture (ooooooo hinges - nearly),


It's fancy doors

and decorations. Simply perfect.


It'll be a long time before Paul and Amandas new build, takes on the look of the old farm house up the hill!

Tomorrow, earlyearly, we all  head for home.

>  <
____

>

Click here to return to muddy boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.