26.9.13

Reims - Sat 24.8.13

We were heading to the French Alps by road 


which means enjoying the service stations and 
making the journey into part of the holiday by stopping over for a night.

 We stayed in Reims for a look-see, a meal and a kip.
Gotta be better than gunning it.

MeWally was well chuffed to find this joint,

Because he added it to his 'collection' of visited Ernest Hemmingway haunts.

Further on in our walk the local cathedral loomed dark and ominous above this perfectly ordinary building. Makes the building take on the look of a startled rabbit  
IMO

Joan of Arc overcame the city by force s part of her rampaging habit.
Actually she never wore a habit.

It's a massive building, somewhat OCD in its' complete encrustacean (new word and all mine - Bushism and proud) of carvings.

I loved this manikin set off by folks waiting about for a bus.

We drank beer in a chi-chi bar on the main drag. 
Gorgeous and sophisticated.

Bed was in The Blue Hotel

a clean, simple, shiny, new place


that cost us less than 60 quid for B&B.

Not bad eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.