26.7.12

A Night At The Opera




Enjoy our super sophisticated evening at the opera,


STROUD STYLE!!

The All important bar,

The host trying to look normal by blending in.

The plebs in the stalls.

Ahh, she's pretty ... and very pregnant.

Punters fixing up a dodgy bench.

Like all operas, people had made a huge effort to dress to impress.

Reasonably well oiled and with the sun setting over the wee house,

we faced the stage in excited anticipation.

Keith narrated the story, aided by his chums.

The props and costumes were suitably Stroudy.

Fit Les sang a few numbers

with the band filling in the gaps.

What with these guys and the opera singer,

we all toughed it out,

until the bitter end,

which was a long time coming!

But come it did.
Not bad really, in a skittish, American summer camp kinda way.
Nice to know it's not just me unkeen on the olympics.

We had a couple of band to bop around to,

a bonfire to huddle around

and the thunder bogs.

All in all

a fun night out,

 
with a skiffle band 
playing as we wandered home over the common to bedfordshire.


(All piccys phone photos)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.