13.5.12

France With Dad

Here we go
leaving PLYMOUTH at the dead of night for a quick hop to FRANCE.

The view from the cabin shows the harbour side lights of PLYMOUTH and MEEEEEE!!!

We pass the little chapel at ROSCOFF as we head to the BAR TYRON 

for brekky, now with freshly squeezed before my very eyes OJ!

On the road to the supermarket, passing the iconic ARTICHOKES 
reminding me tha I must plant my CARDOON soon 
: )

We drove past tors; a la Dartmoor,

stone age burial DOLMANS,

medieval dove cotes

and chapels,

as well as primaeval beaches.
This is a truly awesome area of the WORLD.

Time spent rock pooling

and people watching

is NEVER WASTED.

I can never resist a plant sale and today was no exception.

The man himself Louis Kerdiles - I think! in his park. Like all good gardeners, he scrubs up well.

The day drew to an end with the sun glancing across the horizon.

No more sand yachts to be seen. All that's left here is the most perfect white sand beach you could wish for.

I woke this morning to a sunrise over the sea,

and found Dad dressed up, ready to go home, and watching as the boat docked in Plymouth Harbour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.