6.11.13

Severn Stroll - Sunday 3.11.13


We headed out on a blustery Sunday in a vain attempt to make the most of an OK day off.
A walk was on the cards,

but our plan was almost derailed by this sign.
NO!!!
We were strong and drove straight past it, vowing all the while, that we'd drop in on our way back.
You know what they say,
YOU GOTTA BURN SOME TO EARN SOME.

What an awesome day

: )

Fantastic colours all around us.

And that light, making the world zing.

We could be at home, eating a roast, watching the telly, 
WHY?

When we could be here.

Divine.

Ahhh, I guess this could be a reason why

: /

We legged it, retracing our steps, lickety-split, as we watched the rain approach us in a pincer movement.
Oh dear, 
we were well wet.

Back to the village of Hill, near Berkrley,

for two helpings of tea and cake -
EACH.
See you there next year?

How do you follow that?
You stop off at Gerry the Dairys' place in Slimbridge, stuff grapes into his girls amazing pumpkins - for a laugh, and then demand tea and home made Baileys and choccy biccys.

Well, we can always find a little space for the good stuff.

And it was all good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.