2.5.13

France Snowboarding Fri 1.3.13 - Sun 10.3.13

How did we get on, travelling to TIGNES in the French Alps on the SNOW TRAIN (TGV)?

Paddington Station to St Pancras with rucksacks, board bag and hand luggage?

"TAXI!!!"

I don't know if you can read this fuzzy print, it's a little poem about this free sleep set - blanket, blindfold, ear plugs and neck pillow thingy.

Sleepy by-bys on the train - work those free sleep sets.

MeWally trying to look awake. That was a big ask!
Bourg St Maurice train station with no changes of train between London to here and only 2 or 3 stops. 
Pretty Easy.
We gained a full day at each end of our holiday by travelling this way.
That's 2 whole extra days snowboarding with the only extra cost being the extra ski passes. 
FANTASTIC!

Our sturdy little chalet, all alone - pretty much.

OMG!!! Is this where we get to hang out after a hard day on the piste?????

As it turned out, there was a more comfortable place to sit. 
That was a relief!

A welcome sight - Lemon Drizzle cake.

Just sucking in that view

Moon rise at the end of a perfect day.

A different home made cake every tea time.
Thanks Isaac 
: )

Another day, another mountain.

Sliding about - very quiet resort.

I see any place like this on top of a mountain and I think 
COFFEE!!!!!

Well earned break on the mountain. 
Ahhhh, dozed off on my deck chair in the sizzling heat. 

More racing about on the hills.

Wednesday - Chalet Maid's off for the evening, so we end up eating with the animals.

No wonder we all look startled.

Approaching L'AIGUILLE PERCEE

Pretty gorgeous on a day like today.

Coffee Break on the hill

What's for pudding today MeWally?

My Man Mountain
Then it snowed for a whole day;
wadyudo?

Tourist Info Office for free WiFi fix.

Find something to brighten up such a dull day.

Build a Mini Isaac and take a picture.

Next day, we head out into the gloom.
The mountains are slippery and exciting, even on dull days.

Ice 'cave', it's a tunnel over a road in the summer.

The road is used by snowboarders and skiers in the winter. See how happy this makes MeWally!

And the weather brightened once more,
HAPPY DAYS!
Brevieres

Lovely Pizza here in Brevieres.

Le Lac Centre

Last coffees on the hill,

and my last French Tart too,
before heading home that night.
: (

Home again - TGV in St Pancras station.

Back to the grindstone on Monday.
Unpack and do washing on Sunday.

AAhh, how I love holidays

: )

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.