23.1.11

Bowling Green Marshes - Friday 21.1.11


It's our first full day on Dartmoor, so what better excuse do we need to head off to the Exe Estuary for a spot of


BIRD SPOTTING




Dave quickly spotted this little beauty!


TOPSHAM, DEVON, is a dreamy little place, tranquil,
.

well after a fashion!


We had gone there to see AVOCETS - click here to take a look at some of the wildlife we saw today.


It's a strange place where you can walk/drive along stretches of the foreshore, or use the raised walkways, if you want to keep your feet dry!


Once again, GRAHAM and MEWALLY seem to be having a high old time. I'm not too sure if Graham's got the hang of this bird watching thing.


Topsham is a lovely place, if a little touristy at times,


blessed as it is with lovely light for artists, DUTCH HOUSES


and unique, sliding window shutters.


The lads kept on BIRDING, as I stalked them quietly. See how evenly they space themselves? How and why???


As I said, Topsham's lovely and it's just across the way from Lymstone and all those marines.


Sometimes people do the strangest things, and big, manly, RICH having a LATTE is way up there. This 2tone confection with its cigar wafer made me howl. The waiter thought I was impressed with it; and I suppose I was .... in a way : )


We settled down to our rest  and natter and then, replenished, we headed back to BRIMPTS FARM.


Phil's got a camera like mine. Unlike me he is taking the trouble to READ THE MANUAL! I didn't know people REALLY did that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.